The hands-on workshop will introduce the concepts and tools in understanding complex systems using system dynamics (SD). Various examples from business to social systems will be used to illustrate the power of systems thinking. The tools covered in this course include causal loop diagram (CLD) and stock flow diagram (SFD). Participants will be given a chance to build their SD model and mechanics of using VENSIM, a freeware.Date:
May 9-10, 2014 (Friday & Saturday)Venue:
TIPQC Open Laboratory, 2nd Floor Bldg. 5
938 Aurora Blvd., Cubao, Quezon CitySpeakers:
Faculty from De La Salle University Industrial Engineering & Management
• Dennis Beng Hui, MSc IE
• Bryan Gobaco, MSc IECourse OutlineDay 1: System Dynamics: Principles and Tools
• Activity: The Beer Game
• Introduction System Dynamics
• Systems Thinking Principles
• Behavior Modes in System Dynamics
• Understanding Feedback - Causal Loop Diagrams and Feedback
• Building Causal Loop Diagrams
• Analyzing Causal Loop Diagrams
• SD Modeling Using Vensim (Part 1)Day 2: System Dynamics: Modeling and Simulation
• Understanding Stocks and Flows - Stock Flow Diagrams (Levels and Rates)
• Building Stock Flow Diagrams
• Analyzing Stock Flow Diagrams
• SD Modeling Using Vensim (Part 2)
• Case 1: The FLU
• Case 2: The Population Model
• Analyzing Dynamic Models
• Case 3: Predator-Prey Model
• Testing and Policy DesignsRegistration Details
Fees in Pesos
Early Bird Rate
(Payment before April 30)
1. Checks should be made payable to the Operations Research Society of the Philippines Inc. (please do not abbreviate) and deposited at any Banco De Oro branch to Account No. 1510028666, BDO - Libis. Please fax your deposit slip and registration form to (02) 439 - 9496. Your payment will be acknowledged by fax/email. Official Receipt will be available for pick up at the Registration desk during the forum.
2. You may apply for / renew your membership to avail of the member's rate.
3. Fees are inclusive of snacks and forum materials. Certificates of attendance shall be given upon request.
For details, contact: Jenny Alzate Telefax : (02) 439 9496 Mobile #: 0927-8775219 Email: email@example.com.
Registration is limited to 30 participants.