November 25, 2016 Venue:
Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, Eastwood, Quezon City INVITATION
With the theme OR in Analytics: Exploring New Frontiers, the conference seeks to bring together OR researchers, academicians and practitioners, whose collective work has sustained continuing OR contribution to decision-making.
The 2016 National Conference aims to provide a forum where:
• Practitioners will share their experiences on the problems, methodologies and outcomes of applying OR to solve real-world problems in the Philippines;
• Decision-makers will share new applications of OR in non-traditional areas;
• Researchers will present their findings dealing with the theoretical, computational, and application aspects of OR;
• OR workers will discuss pertinent academic-, theoretical- and application- oriented issues;
• Decision-makers could gain insights from experiences of others who have benefited from the use of OR in the public and private sectors; and
• Everyone will be given the opportunity to exchange ideas on how Analytics can help deal with issues that will contribute to Philippine economic growth. KEYNOTE AND INVITED SPEAKERS1. Mickey Gonzaga
AFPayments"Emerging Financial Payment Systems and Value of Data Analytics"2. Andres Torres
Marketing Intelligence Manager
Coca Cola FEMSA"Collaboration Between Industry and Academe In Building Data Analysts in the Philippines"3. Dr. Ed Canela
Asian Development Bank"Digital Innovation and Data Analytics"4. Vic Reventar
Ateneo de Manila University"Analytics for Disaster Management"CONFERENCE TOPICS
Submissions of papers aligned with the Conference Theme in the following areas are welcome: Banking and Finance, Mathematical Programming, Corporate Strategies, Modeling, Decision Support Systems, Management Information Systems, Distribution Management, Marketing, Energy, Production Planning, Engineering Production Control, Expert Systems, Project Management, Financial Investment, Queuing, Forecasting System Dynamics, Health and Welfare Services, Transportation, Inventory Control, Innovation/Knowledge Economy, Supply Chain Management, Customer Relationship Management, Complexity Theory, Soft Methodologies,Papers reporting original and unpublished research results and experience are solicited. Guidelines for abstract submission follow. ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
The abstract should be typed in English, should not include mathematical notations, and must contain the following:
• Paper/proposal title;
• Abstract of not more than 200 words;
• Author(s) name(s), organization, full mailing address, email address, with an indication of author(s) presenting the paper; and
• Topic (at most three, chosen from the Conference Topics List) under which paper falls and additional topics if not included in the list.
Email to email@example.com
or to the ORSP secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org. PROGRAM SCHEDULE
|0730|| Registration||1200||Business Meeting |
|0830|| Welcome || ||Lunch|
|0845||Plenary Presentations ||1330||Parallel Paper Sessions|
|1000|| Coffee Break ||1500||Break|
|1015||Plenary Presentations||1515||Parallel Paper Sessions|
| || ||1700||Closing|
| Deadline for abstract submission: || September 30, 2016 |
| Notification of acceptance: || October 5, 2016 |
|Deadline for early registration and author registration for inclusion in the abstract book:|| October 7, 2016 |
(before Oct. 7, 2016)
|Foreign Participant |
US $ 150
*Inclusive of seminar fees, handouts, lunch and snacks.
Registration forms are available at http://www.orsp.org.ph.Reservation/ Payment Methods:
1. Payment may be deposited directly to BDO Account No. 00151 0028 666 under the name of Operations Research Society of the Philippines, Inc. (please do not abbreviate). Please fax your deposit slip with your registration form.
2. You may also issue a crossed check payable to the Operations Research Society of the Philippines (please do not abbreviate) and bring or mail to the office address below. Your receipts will be ready for pick up during the conference at the latest.
3. You may choose to apply for/renew your membership to avail of the member rates. Contact Jenny Alzate, telefax 02 439 9496; mobile 0927 877 5219; e-mail email@example.com
for any inquiries.