Date: November 23, 2018
Venue: Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, Eastwood, Quezon City
With the theme Raising the Bar for Public Service Through OR, the conference seeks to bring together OR researchers, academicians and practitioners, whose collective work has sustained continuing OR contribution to decision-making.
The 2018 National Conference aims to provide a forum where:
• Practitioners will share their experiences on the problems, methodologies and outcomes of applying OR to solve real-world problems in the Philippines;
• Decision-makers will share new applications of OR in non-traditional areas;
• Researchers will present their findings dealing with the theoretical, computational, and application aspects of OR;
• OR workers will discuss pertinent academic-, theoretical- and application- oriented issues;
• Decision-makers could gain insights from experiences of others who have benefited from the use of OR in the public and private sectors; and
• Everyone will be given the opportunity to exchange ideas on how Analytics can help deal with issues that will contribute to Philippine economic growth.
Social Security System
Metro Manila Development Authority
Asia Pacific Director for Research,
Data Science and Quality
DOST Balik-Scientist Senior Research Scientist with
the Digital Productivity Flagship
|Angelo Ramon A. Tanchoco
Quantitative Methods and Information Technology Department
John Gokongwei School of Management
Submissions of papers aligned with the Conference Theme in the following areas are welcome: Banking and Finance, Mathematical Programming, Corporate Strategies, Modeling, Decision Support Systems, Management Information Systems, Distribution Management, Marketing, Energy, Production Planning, Engineering Production Control, Expert Systems, Project Management, Financial Investment, Queuing, Forecasting System Dynamics, Health and Welfare Services, Transportation, Inventory Control, Innovation/Knowledge Economy, Supply Chain Management, Customer Relationship Management, Complexity Theory, Soft Methodologies,Papers reporting original and unpublished research results and experience are solicited. Guidelines for abstract submission follow.
The abstract should be typed in English, should not include mathematical notations, and must contain the following:
• Paper/proposal title;
• Abstract of not more than 200 words;
• Author(s) name(s), organization, full mailing address, email address, with an indication of author(s) presenting the paper; and
• Topic (at most three, chosen from the Conference Topics List) under which paper falls and additional topics if not included in the list.
07:30 – 8:30 REGISTRATION
08:30 – 8:40 Opening Ceremonies
08:40 – 9:40 Celine B. Pialago
Assistant Secretary, Metro Manila Development Authority
OR at Work for MMDA
09:40 – 10:40 Rizaldy Capulong
Executive Vice President, Investments Sector, Social Security System
OR Helping SSS Optimize Operations
10:40 – 11:00 B R E A K
11:00 – 12:00 Angelo Ramon A. Tanchoco
Faculty, Ateneo de Manila University
Harnessing Operations Research at ABS CBN
12:00 – 13:00 LUNCH BREAK
13:00 – 15:15 Parallel Presentations
15:15 – 15:35 COFFEE BREAK
15:35 – 16:05 Leorey Marquez
DOST Balik-Scientist, CSIRO, Australia
A Goal Programming Approach to the Optimal Resettlement
of Informal Settler Families in Quezon City, Philippines
16:05 – 17:05 Francis Z. Miranda
Asia Pacific Director for Research, Data Science and Quality, GfK Asia
Technology Update: Digital Trends in the Research Industry
17:05 – 17:30 Business Meeting
|Extended deadline for abstract submission:||September 28, 2018|
|Notification of acceptance:||October 9, 2018|
|Deadline for early registration and
author registration for inclusion in Abstract book:
|October 19, 2018|
Registration forms are available at http://www.orsp.org.ph.
Reservation/ Payment Methods:
1. Payment may be deposited directly to BDO Account No. 00151 0028 666 under the name of Operations Research Society of the Philippines, Inc. (please do not abbreviate). Please fax your deposit slip with your registration form.
2. You may also issue a crossed check payable to the Operations Research Society of the Philippines (please do not abbreviate) and bring or mail to the office address below. Your receipts will be ready for pick up during the conference at the latest.
3. You may choose to apply for/renew your membership to avail of the member rates. Contact Jenny Alzate, telefax 02 439 9496; mobile 0927 877 5219; e-mail email@example.com for any inquiries.